Thursday, January 6, 2011

Sillyness and a chocolate milk

Today, one of J's good friends found out him and his girlfriend are going to have a little girl. And I am excited for them! I don't know him very well and I've only hung out with her once but I know they'll be wonderful parents and that their little girl will have one of the most creative and exciting upbringings a little kid can have.

A couple months ago, this friend called J and told him they are expecting. He was so excited and said they already picked out a name and everything. No matter what gender it is, they're naming their child Lennon.

When J told me, I cried. And I cried. And then took a shower to cry a little more without him knowing... since basically ... well... the reason I was crying was retarded to say the least.

I cried because that was MY name. I had been saving it in a little mental bag named "Future Children" and swore to never even breathe the idea of it just in case someone wanted to steal it before our big day ... Dumb. Oh, believe me. I know how dumb it is. But in all seriousness, I was saving it! I thought about it every couple of weeks just waiting for the day when we decide to pop out one (hopefully a girl) and I can say "LENNON!" .... oh man, I was devastated.

Tisk Tisk! It was stupid....

A. This friend happens to be the biggest Beatles fan that I have ever met and I know their little girl (who no question will be absolutely gorgeous!) will uphold that name to the highest and most amazing level.
B. We aren't even planning on having kids yet so the fact that I already had a name picked out for our future first child is quite honestly ridiculous.

I think part of me was so devastated because the Beatles have been a special part of J and I's relationship. I know I've said this in a previous post, but ALL of our ceremony music was Beatles' tunes for our wedding. J's business has Beatles influence and the first major family thing we did with my parents was go to Beatles Love. It was their second time to EVER see J and it was special to say the least.

So anyways, I think I'm back to the drawing board. People keep saying "Oh, who cares, name your kid that too!" ... But that's just not me. Especially if we still lived in Utah. I'm thinking maybe I should just chill out until we're ready... and then start back up on the name game.

This is just me ranting.... but have any of yall ever had names set aside? I know it's a girl thing for the most part and I know the first name I wanted to name a kid was... drum roll please... Tatum Rose. You're laughing right?! I imagine you are, I do every time I think about it. But I have to say that was during the Titanic/Scream days so my little pre-teen self thought it was an AWESOME idea. I equate it to every young female today swearing to name their boys Edward and Jacob... you get the idea.

And I will try to get over my devastation.... a name is a name is a name or something like that.

I think I'm going to go get a chocolate milk.

1 comment:

Emily @ EMILY POSTS said...

OH I love that name! I wondered what your secrety name was and I remember "Tatum Rose". Oh how nice to name your kid after a Scream flick! I think it's hilarious you're bothered because ANY girl would be bothered. And of course I have my names picked out! Once yall decide to have kids I'm sure youll find something more fabulous and meaningful than Lennon was. What about Ringo?!