Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Like a Light Bulb

It's not often that I do a post about something I want for our home... in fact, I don't know if I have EVER done one. Our house was built in 1923 so it is ALWAYS a work-in-progress. We have three rooms finished and four rooms to go (plus the hallways). Anyways, I saw these lights about a year ago at a restaurant and I have been obsessed with them ever since. I saw them at a store here in SLC but they were WAY to pricey. So, I have now decided that my amazing husband should get one of his amazing friends to make one! Haha! Such a good wife I am ;) But I do not have a light fixture in my office yet and think this would make an incredibly fun fixture for my office or our bedroom.

They lovingly refer to them as Edison Chandeliers:






I don't like the hang style of this Pottery Barn one but I have some awesome ideas for one in my office. And I have a growing obsession with all things industrial! I really want these lamps (once we have a house they'll fit in) :)





They're from Restoration Hardware and can be found here.

Side note:

Finally saw True Grit... and.... I was disappointed. Not near as amazing as I was expecting. Typical Coen brothers dialogue which of course was PERFECT. And Jeff Bridges was AWESOME to say the least. But I was expecting some creative additions that never came (probably because it's a remake and based on a novel). Maybe I just have high expectations after seeing Black Swan and Tron 3D. Both were incredible and so symbolic... I think it made True Grit's symbolic nature boring to be honest.

On another side note, a long time friend just got engaged this weekend! So go wish her congrats here :)



Does anyone know where to buy an Edison Chandelier UNDER $100 or have any suggestions on making our own?

No comments: