I am SOOOOOO looking forward to the holidays this year. Last year we spent Thanksgiving in Vegas with our good friend Jess.
She organized a beer pong tourny and The Beer Brigade (AKA J & I) took first!
Whewhoo!! Unfortunately with my job situation and 11 paid days off for 18 months (I have two PTO days left until June 20th), we couldn't make the trip this year :( No defending our win ..... sad.
SO instead..... Two of J's sisters are blending their holiday meals this year so LUCKILY we are getting to eat with them and their families. I'm making J's mom's recipe ... HEAVENLY PUMPKIN PIE! It's completely hit or miss so let's hope this year's turns out as well as last year's did. I am also making my Mom's HELLO DOLLY SQUARES (which I have never made) and her SPINACH SOUFFLE (one of my fave foods in the ever!).
Also, J has a Thanksgiving tradition that we will be partaking in with our good friends Ryan and Jessie on Thanksgiving night. Every year, J watches the Big Lebowski and drinks White Russians. I got lucky that this is his only holiday tradition because I am kind of set on my Christmas tradition with my fam :)
SO... then comes DECEMBER!! And well, let's face it.... this is my FAVORITE time of year! F-A-V-O-R-I-T-E time of year!! Like to the point I got REALLY excited when everyone put up their trees and lights on November 1st :) We're having our Utah Christmas with Friends party the week before we leave for OK. With these wonderful folks....

Very Excited!
We're flyin in on the 21st, have our Shepherd Fam Christmas (Dad's side of family with aunt/uncle/cousins/etc) on the 22nd (which also happens to be at my fave restaurant in the EVER!), Girls Christmas Dinner on the 23rd, Christmas Eve tradition with fam and G-pa on 24th, then all the Christmas FESTIVITIES on 25th.... then fly home on the 26th. Sucks at how busy it always is.... wish we could stay for like 10 days.... Maybe when we're rich we'll get to ;)
Shepherd kids at Christmas 2008

Last year's girls dinner :)
So here's to looking forward to the next 5 weeks :) CHEERS!
No comments:
Post a Comment