I think right now, my dream house would have a fenced yard, several mature trees, a dishwasher, lots of storage/closets, 2 1/2 baths, three bedrooms and a bigger kitchen. AND..... a HUGE front porch :) I'm a southern girl at heart... I need a large front porch!
When we bought our house, we bought it with the intention of only living in it for just over three years. We also wanted an old house that we could put a lot of blood and sweat into... and we found it. Our house was built in 1923, the basement was added in 1932 so it has short ceilings which makes things with renovating pretty challenging. This is the newspaper clipping we found in the woodwork when we ripped out the stairs.

Also, since it is such an old house, they only built it with one closet. That's right folks... ONE closet in the ENTIRE house. Not only that, but the closet is over where they built the stairwell so it is a HALF closet. The picture makes it look like it has drawers... but those are just wood beams.

Frightening, isn't it. Anyways, I think my future dream home would just be a bigger, more modern version of what we have now :)
Here are the different styles and "themes" I love!! I tried to find the best photos I could to represent what is in my head :) It's so hard to forgo all of them and try to pick just one!
MODERN:
Simple. Minimalist. Sharp.
COUNTRY:
Warm. Inviting. Sophisticated.

And of course my country porch!
with a claw-foot tub of course ....
Hopefully one day :)




No comments:
Post a Comment