I have three days left of my little blog post project:
Day 28-Something that stresses you out
Day 29-3 Wishes
Day 30-a picture
For today's blog, it's not really about the stress, it's about tragedy overall. That feeling you get. The sinking in your stomach, the heavy chest, the tears that won't stop streaming. The feeling of loss. Over Christmas, J and I lost a friend. Micah. He was funny, light hearted and... a good guy.
J and I hadn't been that close to Micah for long but he was part of our crew. Floated the river each Sunday with our "Utah fam", came to the Dexter watch parties, our Utah fam nights, etc. When he was there, he always made you feel like you had known him forever.
Over Christmas, him and his new fiance (they got "officially" engaged on Christmas Eve) decided to go off-roading after the Christmas celebrations with his fam. By that evening, no one had heard from them. Sunday came and went, still not a word. His family called a search Monday morning. That afternoon they found his jeep. It had fallen down a ravine. He was still in the car and she had been ejected, landing on top of the upside down vehicle.
When we got the call, J and I were in shock. His best friend had been the one to let us know. I cried. I cried more for his family and his close friends then for him. Sounds terrible. But he was happy. He was finally in a good place and looking forward to the future. They say they died on impact and didn't suffer. I'm glad that he was in the happiest place in his life, doing what he loved with his favorite person.

Too many lives are cut short and so I hope that every one who might read this remembers to live theirs to the fullest. I think we all need reminders of how precious life is and it shouldn't take a tragedy to remind us of what is important.
Forgive.
Love.
Have no regrets.
Remember what truly matters.
My thoughts and prayers are with Micah and Kimmi's friends and families. You are greatly missed. May you rest in peace in the love of God forever.
1 comment:
I'm so sorry Meggi. I had read about it online/saw the news, then I saw Ryan's post about it and felt even worse when I knew he was part of your close friends. Great post here to them and to remembering the things that matter.
Post a Comment