Saturday, December 11, 2010

Day 24-nope.... How about Day 25-Put your iPod on shuffle, first 10 songs

Alright people... For some reason this posted without me publishing it... FREAKY... So here is the updated version.


Every time I thought about the Day 24 post (
Day 24-Something you've learned) I just revert back to Day 12- What You Believe. So read that post instead. :)

So... on to Day 25 then, shall we?

Before I do this random song post nonsense, I would like to make a note... I am a SONG person, not a BAND person or a GENRE person. To me it is all about the way a song moves me. I am VERY much a music person and have found it to be a very important part of my life over the years.

As a youngin, music was my own little world. I would listen to tapes my parents had made for me and come up with all sorts of dances and routines. Then I would spend hours perfecting them. My favorite dance tunes were Yakkity Yak, Lollipop and of course the Beaches Soundtrack.

By middle school, my musical taste revolved around Spice Girls, Bush, the Pretty Woman Soundtrack, Garth Brooks and Backstreet Boys. Embarrassing? Yes, but still very dance worthy stuff. About this time, one of my best friends from gym had a rock song as her floor music. I remember being SO impressed and thus started my overall fascination and obsession with all things "songs" .....

So... iPod Shuffle:

1. DIXIE CHICKS - Not Ready to Make Nice
2. ELI YOUNG BAND - Guinevere
3. JOEL PACK - Talk Me Down
4. TOBY KEITH - God Love Her
5. DMB - Lover Lay Down
6. JASON BOLAND - When I'm Stoned
7. SHE & HIM - Take it Back
8. WEEN - Baby Bitch
9. THE AIRBORNE TOXIC EVENT - Sometime Around Midnight
10. CITIZEN COPE - Bullet and a Target


And ... since it's the holidays and I am MEGA Bored in a hotel room (and I have this amazingly intense love for ALL things Christmas) ... Here are my top 10 Fave Holiday Songs.

Disclaimer: I have a passion for the staple Christmas songs. Don't judge.

1. Baby it's Cold Outside - Zooey Deschanel's version on Elf is my fave but I just love this song in general! I am trying to find an amazing female to record a duet with my husband... if you have any suggestions, send them my way :)
2. O Come, O Come Emmanuel (If you haven't heard Enya's version, you should)
3. Carol of the Bells (by Mannheim Steamroller... love them... I'm a nerd)
4. Silver Bells
5. Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire

6. oh Holy Night
7. O, Come All Ye Faithful
8. We Three Kings
9. What Child is This
10. The First Noel
11. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
12. Do you Hear What I hear
13. God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman (Comfort and Joy)


AND ... of course: Little Drummer Boy by Life Church in Oklahoma... I miss my church. This is a video they filmed from their Christmas worship service ... Come on, you can't beat a drum duet or bangin on some tin garbage cans during church! excited to go to it on the 26th :)










No comments: