My family has always been pretty into Disney! The first time I went to Disney World, I was so young I barely remember it! I was 5 and wore this little Snow White dress because she was the bees knees! And during the parade, Snow White saw me and waved to me and made this big production of the fact that we matched. I loved EVERY minute of it! The last time I went, I was 19. I would love to go back! My whole family went to Disney World a couple weeks ago. J and I unfortunately couldn't afford the flights mixed in with 5 days of Disney Park Hopper Passes... so sadly we missed all the fun :(
My niece is now 3 and is every bit a Disney lover as my sister and I were. For her first Christmas, I got her the Little Mermaid DVD. My sis and I watched that movie religiously! We actually won the movie and soundtrack (both on tapes of course) by winning a coloring contest. We were hard core. And you better believe that was the soundtrack to our lives. It never fails that Little Mermaid songs happen to just burst out of us during holidays (with hand movements in perfect synchronization). It's no surprise that my niece's first song was the "awwww awwww awwww awwwww awwwwwwwww" song where Ariel loses her voice in the film. Not kidding. She sings it quite often.
Anyways, moving on with the story....
They all went to Disney World and my brother-in-law kept me included by texting me photos of her from his iPhone. Thank the Lord for technology! Seriously! Made me feel included and I enjoyed seeing the photos as the week went along.
Reese even wore my Snow White dress.... which she always tells people is "Aunt Meg's dress!"
I really wish we could have been there! But I am so glad she had such a wonderful time! I hope some of these memories stay with her. I just read an article (surprise surprise) that says 3 year olds can retain their memories of events if their parents keep them talking about them. I have a feeling that this little lady will retain some of the magic :)







1 comment:
What a cute post! Your niece is so darling. My sister has a boy and my brothers don't have kids yet so I'd go crazy for a girl in the fam. We are going to Disneyland next month, first time for Nicholas and I. We're excited!
Post a Comment