This has been a problem with me lately. Trying to find something that inspires me. My job is stressful and constant so I haven't had very much free time for creativity. So instead of something awesome that I would have if I was a little less busy, I'll give you my current "Keep Me Sane" Inspirations I have in daily life.
Knowledge -
Lame... but so true. I have been like a knowledge-suck recently. Anything and everything I can get my hands on. I read articles at stop lights and research topics while sitting in traffic. It's addicting and I've been feeling a little OCD about it. I recently installed a TIME Mag app on my phone, so between CNN, MSNBC, TIME, Google, Discovery Health and Perez Hilton..... I research at least 25 different subjects a day.
I'm sure you're wondering how this inspires me... It keeps me searching... searching for something better. Some sort of new health plan, lifestyle, money management, travel destination, style or home decor, etc. It keeps me always striving for something more interesting to add to my life and I read a lot of parenting info for future reference.
For PERSONAL inspiration - the answer is easy.... my relationships.
I have amazing friends who are all embarking on different journeys in life. I love it! They inspire me on all different levels... to be a better friend, co-worker, individual.
My family inspires me everyday with their unwavering faith... both in God and in each other. They keep me striving to be the best sister and daughter I could ever be.
And of course... these two:

J inspires me everyday to be a better wife and life-long partner. He challenges me by trying to help me get back to my creative energy and inspires me by being so confident in his own creative nature. He also has made me realize the importance of being "present" in every day life and with those you love. And of course Cleo... inspires me to work out our parenting styles now before we have a our own little bundle of joy.
Hopefully I won't avoid the next post for so long... Post 3- The five songs you would have with you on a desert island and why.....should be easy. That is, if I can reduce all of my favorite songs to the 5 I like best..... ok, maybe it'll be tougher than I thought. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment