Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Counting down to the big 2.9.

I have been super MIA.  Today officially started my birthday week! In the process, I have been gearing up for the big 2-9 by having lots of fun :)

This past Sunday, a few friends and I took a little road trip to Grand Junction for the final day of Country Jam!  The show was amazing!  I heard over 80,000 people attended.  I don't doubt it, it was packed! Then last night, we went to Keane with some friends.  It was awesome!  I loved seeing them and was thoroughly impressed!  Tomorrow we are going to see my favorite band... The Avett Brothers!  I can't even tell you how excited I am!  Last time we saw them, it was at the same outdoor venue.... only it was pouring and freezing!  I am thrilled to see them tomorrow in the warm weather :)   Not to mention, they just announced their new album will be released September 11th!  Oh the anticipation.

Friday and Saturday, my husband is playing some shows in SLC.  So it is definitely a jam packed weekend.

With that being said, I seriously can't believe it's almost my birthday!  What?!  Where did the time go? I swear it doesn't feel much like summer... let alone, almost the 4th of July!  Crazy!

Speaking of July ... I haven't mentioned it much but I am on the planning committee for our 10 Year High School Reunion.  I feel in many ways that Facebook has ruined the whole Reunion idea.  We all know exactly what everyone is doing, what they look like, who they married and where they're living.  No Surprises.  No Anticipation.  It makes planning the reunion difficult and anti-climatic.  Don't get me wrong, we are going to have a fabulous time!  But it's just a different thing then it was pre-Facebook. 

It's only a couple weeks away so I spent the last hour scanning photos for the slide show (while also participating in our weekly call).  I can't help but share some here.  I can't believe it's been 10 years! Crazy.
Juniors - Christmas Dance

Juniors - my favorite ladies

Seniors - Cheer & Pom


Cheer Float in Parade

Seniors - Football / Cheer Car-wash


Seniors - Cheer & Pom
Senior Class Officers

My favorite ladies


Senior Skit

Senior Skit
Graduation

Graduation Trip - Cancun
 I think the reunion will also be a good place to honor the 3 friends that have passed away over the years.  I couldn't help but get a little teary at the photos of these 2:

JT - Senior Prom
Todd (on Right) - Football game
Todd, JT and boys at my parents for Christmas Dance Freshman Year

Here is to the next week - My Birthday Week!  And to the upcoming Reunion... it will be epic :)

2 comments:

chariskalee said...

Great flashback photos! Priceless memories. I know you are going to throw the best reunion in the ever!

PS - happy birthday chica! :)

Anonymous said...

Let the celebration for your birthday week commence...oh wait they did:). I hope that you have an amazing week and day! Great flashback pics, amazing how different we are in just 10 years!