Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Gone too soon...

wow.  I am so at a loss for words but I feel I need to write something down regardless.  I woke this morning to find a text message from one of my longtime friends telling me that a friend of ours passed away last night.  I was shocked.  And speechless.  And sad.

I haven't talked to him since I left Oklahoma but that doesn't mean I didn't think of him often.  We were "friends" on facebook and I always enjoyed seeing his silly posts come across my feed.  He was a good friend and a GREAT guy. 

Seeing all the posts about him flood my facebook just reinforce what an amazing guy he was.  He touched every person he met with his infectious sense of humor, his silly zest for life and his caring nature.  I think most people would agree that JT was like a big teddybear.  He was big and tall and gave you the kind of hug that made you feel safe.  It was the ultimate bear hug. 

Jt was the the funny guy.  The guy who would treat you like you were his best friend after knowing him for half an hour.  Always going the extra mile to make sure everyone in the room was laughing and enjoying themselves.  I remember the first time I drove him around when I turned 16.  I had a celica convertible and he was too tall to fit in it.  So after I took the top down he was able to sit in the seat but his head went above the top of the windshield.  We thought it was the funniest thing and joked about forcing him to ride in my car all the time.  It became our own little inside joke.  And all the times in high school when he would just pick me up out of nowhere as if I was just some ragdoll.  Or the silly senior skit we got paired up for.  When I left for college, I would occasionally see him out and about in Norman.  It was like time hadn't skipped a beat.  No matter how long it had been since I had seen him, he'd always greet you with a big ol' smile and a huge bear hug.  That was Jt.  I will miss him dearly but am honored I knew him at all. 


My thoughts and prayers go out to your family, your girlfriend and your beautiful little girl.  Sorry for not being a better friend and staying in touch these past few years.  May you rest in peace.

3 comments:

Janetha @ meals + moves said...

I'm really sorry to hear about your friend.

Megistentialism said...

thank you Janetha!

Denise said...

I actually met him a few years ago, it is always tragic to lose someone so young with so much life a head.