I have to tell you, I am kind of a music snob. I am very opinionated about what I like and what I don't. Don't get me wrong, I love all sorts of artists and genres but I can be turned off by a band very easily as well. With that being said....
I LOVE SKA SHOWS!
Do I listen to ska regularly? No. It's slim to none that you'll find me bumping it in my lil Civic, but the shows are incredible!
There is some sort of honesty that you see at the Reel Big Fish shows that is rare among musicians today. Of course they have their silly choreography (which is a total hoot in my opinion) but the freshness of them just having a good time on stage is priceless.
Too often these days, musicians go through the motions. They're jaded, tired, or have their head too far up their own bum to have a good time. Every time I have seen Reel Big Fish live, there is this weird sense of joy. No ego to hide behind. Just a group of guys doing what they love for their living and being appreciative that so many people stand behind their music.
Other bands should take note. When you're in the business of creative emotion, the crowd feels it. And if it's fake, I can't help but assume that you are too.
So go see Reel Big Fish next time they come to a town near you. And bring your dancing shoes ;)


2 comments:
I've seen Reel Big Fish once at warped tour in Idaho (with Marta) and I have never seen a crowd go nuts like that! It was sooo much fun. I was so impressed with the passion and the energy. Great pics!
THis post made me love you more! Not creepy, don't worry. I remember I won $96 from X96 because Sell Out was the cash bribe song of the day or something like that...
Anyway, I grew up crowd surfing and skanking around in my teenage years. Punk and ska will always have my heart :)
Post a Comment