Friday, January 13, 2012

This is your Brain on the Flu

Well my wonderful husband has been in LA all week doing some recording which means I had the house to myself (and Cleo) for 7 days!  I was ecstatic to buckle down and do some much needed cleaning, organizing, and work.  But alas, the flu reared its ugly head on Tuesday night.  Which means I have been holed up at home while fighting off a fever and feeling completely miserable!  The most I have moved the last few days is to refill my water, pee and take Cleo to pee. 

With that being said, I feel like I have had total Flu Head.  And for the first time in a VERY long time (12 years), all I have wanted is to go to the gym and do a little working out.  This is very unlike me as I generally use the excuse, it's too early/late/cold/hot/annoying to go to the gym.  But I have been restricted by doctors since January 4th from doing ANY type of physical activity due to my asthma and now my flu.  It's driving me crazy.  I HATE being told that I can't do something.  It gets under my skin and makes me obsess over it in a way to prove them wrong.  This is a health thing.  I understand that.  I understand that I have asthma.  I understand that Utah makes it worse due to the pollution.  But golly gee, it's driving me insane!  I have a cruise to prepare for people!  And I am the first to know that I have to do something when the motivation is there before it gets piled into a box titled "one day soon."  But let's get realistic, if I actually made it to the gym then I would last probably 3 minutes before deciding I was too ill to do any good and would whimper back to my car while thinking that my 3 minutes might have prolonged my sickness another 24 hours.  So...

I started loading up on extra vitamin D and now have eye drops from the doc which will hopefully help.  Tomorrow is also the first day I am not contagious! Yay! And I get to see my lovely husband sometime between now and tomorrow morning.. Double Yay!

With all this flu head going around I would like to leave you with this little bit of joy:


1 comment:

chariskalee said...

Hope youre feeling better now hon, being sick and held back is the worst. There will be plenty of time to get back to it once youre at full strength!