To say Cleo is my pride and joy is an understatement. Working from home means that she spends my entire work day snoozing on my lap, running after her toys I've tossed, or perched on our window barking at strangers.
I spend ALL day with this little lady!
After J's show on Saturday night, we came home to a VERY sick pup. We gave her a bath and hoped the worst was over. I had bought a new brand of rawhide chews and figured they upset her stomach so I tossed them and thought that was that.
After continued problems through Monday night, I promptly took her to the vet Tuesday morning. They said she had a bacterial infection and gave her a shot. They gave me some pills to give her over the next week and said to call them if she doesn't start improving. I paid my money and walked her out to the car....
By the time we reached my car and I sat down, she stopped moving. She was just standing on the seat with her eyes closed. I tried to move her but she was rock solid. I got her to my lap but she still had her eyes closed, was completely unresponsive, and had shallow breathing. I rushed her back inside and the doctor noticed her gums had turned bright white. He rushed her off to a nurse to give her some shots and asked lots of questions. Turns out she was allergic to the shot they had given her so they quickly had to counteract her allergy. The doctor said it was only the 2nd time in 30 years that he had seen such a reaction.
It was scary. They kept her for observation and told me to go home until they knew something more. I was a MESS. I paced around my house crying until J got home. They called and said she had recovered and that they think she was ready to be taken home. I can't even tell you how relieved I was.
Long day but this little girl is finally on the mend...
I love you, Cleo :)


1 comment:
Hi, I am here for blog-stalker duty ;)
poor Cleo, oh my gosh how f-ing scary Meggi!! I am glad she is ok and home where she belongs. I once paid mega-fees and took Rocco to the animal hospital on a Sunday a couple of months ago. When they get sick it sucks. And the picture of Cleo with J is SOOO sweet. Aw!
Post a Comment