Tuesday, March 29, 2011

We've got a Winner!

Hello to my 8 loyal readers ;)   Y'all will be happy to know that I have officially been hired by a wonderful company!  I will again be doing field sales and am BEYOND excited!  I fly to CO next week and officially embark on my new career adventure!

Goodbye to the world of unemployment and hello to the wonderful new challenges of my new position (and asking salary)!  Whewhoooo!   I will elaborate more on this later but all I can say now is.... God is good :)

With that being said, J and I (along with two friends) embarked on a fun last minute trip this past weekend to see a friend perform in St. George and Las Vegas.   It was a lot of driving but BEYOND worth it!  

J's friend, Matt, now plays saxophone/back-up vocals for Reel Big Fish and man, oh man...  he is AWESOME!  So much energy on stage!  I wish I could have filmed their sets, you would be thoroughly impressed!  The whole band was vibrant and fun!  I love when you see shows and you can tell the band is enjoying themselves just as much as you are!  It was incredible!   We were also SO thankful that the band wasn't using their hotel room for the night and gave it to us for free!  Thank the Lord!

Please ignore the overall being stuck in a van with 3 boys for ten hours   lack of make-up.   :)


The Vegas set was unfortunately short due to the venue putting 5 bands on the bill.... that's right FIVE.  Crazy.  Oh well.   The Vegas show was also a hoot because we got see Matt's lovely girlfriend Jess.  She is just a doll and I know if she lived in Utah, we would be really good friends!  I promised her I would come visit them soon in CA and with the new found job, I may be able to do it sooner than later :)

Overall, it was a fabulous weekend! 

Here's one of their old videos to get you in the mood:


A WARNING to my Readers:  I may have found my stash of old photos while cleaning the basement and scanned them all.... which means random photos may be appearing on my blog for no reason other than I think they're hilarious.  Thank you.  


Such as these:

1 comment:

Emily @ EMILY POSTS said...

Ya'll were such cute kids! It's amazing how much they both of you have changed!

Congrats on the job! Can't wait to hear more about it!