Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Asthmageddon 2011

Well folks, apparently I'm not working on my stuff as hard as I should be (see previous post).   I've really struggled with the control part and am currently seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.  

With that being said - several tears, an Urgent Care Clinic, a breathing machine and some steroids later - my asthma finally seems to have calmed down a little.  I was even able to go to the gym today... though I didn't last as long as I would have liked.  It was rough!

With all that time at home I have some new exciting ideas for our home :)   We finally got a receiver at a local pawn shop that is awesome!  Which means we can finally listen to all our vinyl!  I used to have a huge selection but lost it all in the Break-up of 2005.  I've slowly been building it back up but never had much of a reason since we didn't have a record player... well problem solved!  And many new additions to our collection:





With the new record player rockin',  the design bug bit me in the butt.  Man oh man!  I have so many new ideas for our house.  I spent six hours a few minutes on Pottery Barn's design site, planning out my next masterpiece.  J and I were originally going to live in our house for 3 years then get a new one.... but now we're thinking we might stay (pending career relocation at some point).  Which means - this brick storage unit will finally become a home!   Beyond excited to actually put long term work into this place :)

Here are the current pics and the design ideas:   

(I'm wanting to stay with our intended industrial/modern theme so I'm thinking a lot of neutral colors and steel/iron additions.  Please forgive the mess and the overall disorder... it is DEFINITELY a work in progress).

Living Room:


And... does anyone know a cheap way to recover this chaise lounge?  It was my grandpa's and I can't part with it but it needs some SERIOUS love.


IDEA:
 Tan walls, buffed/stained wood floors/ white trim/ black door/new curtains.  Piano moved to outer wall/ new area rug/ table and chair added where Piano was/chaise covered/storage added by fireplace Awesomeness!

Kitchen:
Our kitchen is HIDEOUS!  No working dishwasher, MINIMAL countertop space, very few cabinets and NO pantry.  It's basically a girl's worst kitchen nightmare!  Terrible.



IDEA:
We're planning on getting IKEA countertops... they have some that look like stainless steel but are a THIRD of the cost... ohhh I can not wait! 
Cabinets added above fridge area and a dishwasher put in near the sinkSame tan paint as living room with white trim and black cabinets. Add curtains of some sort.    Stainless steel counter tops/ dishwasher/slate floors/new light fixture  perfection!


Back Yard:
J's main point of excitement - an outside bar!  My main excitement - a fire pit!


Tomato plants near edge of house, flower bed along fence, awning from garage to cover grill area.  AND a weeping willow in the corner of the lot because I have wanted a weeping willow since I was about 6 years old.  That is bar/seating/fire pit/grill/ WeepingWillow heaven! Complete with new six foot fence around perimeter and stone patio.


GOAL:  I'm putting it out there... and this would be a BIG commitment from us but ... I would like the inside of the house to be done by CHRISTMAS!  That's right folks.... hoping for some love and funds to make all this excellence done in a 9 month span.   It seems ridiculous that it would be that far in the future but let's face it...  no current job + living here for 1.5 years and still not having it done = A DAUNTING DEADLINE.  But I am excited!  Let's bring on the housework!

We have a spare room in the basement that is currently set up as a drum room... pending some possible changes, it would look like this:



A storage area for excess music gear/instruments/giant cello  AND  my office.  With cabinets added on the shelf area for additional storage.  AND... if this actually happened, it would free up my office which would become a guest room!   I know I know... I'm going a little overboard... but how cool would that be!?

  Ignore the random piece of furniture in the middle of nowhere... not sure how that happened.  I feel like a four year old who just finished a coloring book... SO fun!

2 comments:

Emily @ EMILY POSTS said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the chaise!!

How did you find that little architectual room planner thingy?! How cool! (I'm in love with stainless looking counters and industrial items in the house!) It will look great!

Megistentialism said...

Thank you !! Found it on Pottery Barn's website. Ikea also has one but I found Pottery Barn's way more easy to use :)