Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sunday's Livestream Lounge

So every Sunday, the band comes over and has a jam session/practice in our basement. They stream it live for anyone who wants to watch at www.livestream.com/brokecity.

Since our house is still in boxes, I take these opportunities to try out new recipes on the boys. The first week, I made my normal queso and it was amazing as usual. The second week, I decided to try two new recipes my mom had.... I made Frito Bean Salad and 7-Layer Dip. Everyone raved about how yummy they were for over a week and they were quickly eaten. First attempt = Success! :)

Last week I chose to make home-made Pizza Rolls. I looked up several recipes and finally just decided on my own creation that I made up as I went. It was awesome! They loved them and Joel has told me every day since then how amazing they were. I figured I would post the recipe just in case anyone else wants to try this EASY EASY EASY recipe .... like Hannah? ;)

Pizza Rolls
- By M.J.P.

Ingredients:
2 Pkgs of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
1 Jar of Ragu Margherita Pasta Sauce
1 Regular pkg of Pepperonis
1 bag of shredded Pizza Cheese

Directions:
  • Preheat Oven to 350 and lightly spray a cookie sheet with Pam.
  • Chop a few Pepperonis. (Enough to fill 1/4 Cup)
  • Mix half the jar of Pasta sauce with 3/4 Cup of Cheese and 1/4 Cup of Chopped Pepperonis.
  • Roll out the each triangle dough piece and spoon on some of the Pasta sauce mix. (Make sure to leave the base side of the triangle and tip sauce free in order for it to stick to itself when rolled). Then place one and a half pepperonis on the thick part of the triangle. Cover the pepperonis with a small helping of cheese. Roll the dough triangle up into a normal crescent roll shape and place on cookie sheet.
  • Bake 11-13 minutes, or until golden brown. After baking, cut each crescent pizza roll into 2 or 3 bites and serve! Great with Ranch ;)


Lame Recipe right?? BUT TASTES AMAZING! I paired them with a veggie tray to offset the taste since they are so rich.

I think this coming week I am going to make Hello Dolly Squares and Ugly Dip... I will let you know how it goes. If anyone has any appetizer recipes, PLEASE send them my way! I am running out of recipes!

1 comment:

eas said...

Megs, those sound delicious! I have a few app recipes I'll send your way!