So occasionally when I refresh my instagram for the eleventy-millionth time
and still have boredom written on the brain, I research random things on the
internet. Today, I came across a website that gives you your
archetypes.
I love this kind of crap! In elementary school, we were required to do this giant personality test. I remember it being really long and asking really random questions, but in the end they give you what careers best fit your personality. My careers were teacher, athletic coach, writer and marine biologist. You better believe I was thrilled! Little Meg was sure that she was going to work full time with manatees, be a famous author and coach gymnastics on the weekend.
Sweet!
Over the years, I seem to get pretty much the same result every time I take a personality test. So when I saw this Archetype website, I was hooked. You start by choosing whether you identify yourself as female or male. Then it asks you a series of questions where you can choose up to 3 answers. I chose 3 for pretty much every question.
Here's my result:
I'm not going to lie, I was pretty shocked. Athletic?! Seriously? I was a gymnast for 14 years... so yes, the athletic nature is still ingrained within my being. But other than some cheerleading, dance and diving sprinkled through the years... I really have been almost anti-athletic for the last 10 years. I have written about it here... but basically, I was burned out on all things sport related. I have started to appreciate it more recently but I still feel FAR from athletic.
The other major thing that struck me is one category where I always score high.... but this time, it wasn't listed in my top 3. Spirituality.
Sad. I feel that my spirituality is an important and integral part of my entire being. Where was it?! Sure, it's just a silly quiz but it still hit me hard to know that it wasn't an identifier.
I used to be very vocal about my beliefs as a kid but around 15, I decided I wanted more. I set out on researching EVERYTHING. My favorite classes in college were my religion and sociology classes and I enjoyed gaining some knowledge and understanding of the various beliefs in the world.
When I moved to Utah, J and I started following the Red Path. A form of native american healing and spirituality. I don't really want to talk about it because I feel it would diminish the reverence I hold for everything it has done in my life. The Red Path brought new understanding and respect to the God that I knew and the fundamentals of my faith.
Over the last 6 years of following the Red Path, I feel I have finally found my footing with my spirituality. My spirituality has developed into something that I follow and believe for me. Not just because it was what I was taught or what I am comfortable with. I hold to it because it is part of my identity. I have much to improve on, but it is a daily guide and reminder to me to live my life in a certain way. Through all this change and understanding, I also have found that my beliefs have become very internalized. Very personal. And the foundation of my authentic self.
I still believe in the God of my parents and childhood but in such a greater way then I ever imagined. J and I watch all of the sermons from my Oklahoma church online and then sit and discuss the topics after and how to apply them to our lives. It's the first time since childhood that church has mattered to me. It shocks me that this wasn't identified in this silly survey. But I guess it shows how much growing I still have to do.
Well although, the whole Marine Biology thing never really worked out... I still hope to publish at least one book in my life :) We'll see how that turns out.


2 comments:
TAKING THIS NOW.
Would love to hear more about your Native American Beliefs!
I'm gonna take the quiz too! What a great post! :)
Post a Comment