That being said, I have been surprised by what cravings quickly diminished and which ones refuse to let go
I was positive that not having cheese would be the end of the world. Little did I know that I wouldn't even miss it! Not one bit. The thought of cheese actually grosses me out the majority of the time. Who would have thought?!
BUT... there are 2 things that I seriously struggle with .... Eggs and Bacon. Oh sweet breakfast food and all its glory!
I have always been an egg lover! Fried, scrambled, hard-boiled, poached, deviled.... all divine! But of all the dairy-ish items...turns out I am seriously allergic to eggs. I had tried going eggless in the past but it never changed my gut issues... But now I am definitely seeing the intensity of this allergy. As in, I can't eat breaded eggplant if they use egg in the breading. Sad.
The other source of Sunday brunch sadness is Bacon. Oh, beloved bacon. Surprisingly, the thing that keeps me from eating bacon is this terrible situation...
Yet, according to the Humane Society, this is the year of the pig! Please go read more here. Changing their situation is necessary and they have made huge strides over the past year.
So more than anything for Mr. Pig, pay attention to where your food comes from! Educate yourself! And buy local as much as possible.
And on a side note> always try to go for Grass-Finished beef... not Grass-Fed.
Grass-finished is much more strict and generally means the cow was fattened on grass for the 90 to 160 days before slaughter. Grass-fed means just that... a cow was fed grass... however, the length of time it had grass and the rest of its meals could have been conventional. (Pending more defined terms via legislation) ... Most grass-fed cows are finished on grain/corn during those 90-160 days.
So to finish this random little post... I will leave you with one of my favorite facebook memes....
awww.... bacon. *sigh*


2 comments:
It's crazy how much you have to investigate to know you're getting good quality food! But I guess I'd rather do that than deal with the consequences.
I am so glad your belly is in a happy place :) Quality food is so important it is what we need to fuel our lives.
Post a Comment