Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Fil-A Fiascos and General Absurdities

Alright friends... I am generally not political on public forums.  (Unless you follow me on twitter... for which I apologize, I can't help myself).  That being said, I have had it up to HERE with all the ridiculousness that surrounds presidential elections. 

I will not get all preachy on you because I have my opinions and you obviously have yours.  (Or at least you should).... Instead, I request that you make yourself informed and do your civic duty of voting in the election. 

Search out resources outside of the norm.  Don't only listen to one news source.  Even listen to the "other-side" to get an idea of what stances and beliefs they consider to be the most important. More than ever, it's our future and the future of our children that are determined with each election.   Be informed.  Make opinions.  And even donate to the candidate you support!  I know first hand from working on a campaign that money (unfortunately) can make it or break it. 

If you are unsure about each candidate's stance on the numerous issues, please visit: http://www.isidewith.com/

The site has an in-depth quiz asking your opinion on each issue and then pairs you with the candidates that share your beliefs.  Each question even has an option to "Choose another Stance" which opens several other answers or allows you to enter your own. 

I always knew I was an Obama girl ....


.... (much to my family's chagrin) even though I have disagreed with every agricultural decision he has made... specifically when it comes to GMOs.  I assumed I would score high with Ron Paul, score 50% with Obama and not with Romney at all .... the results of my quiz surprised me... 



So dear friends - take the quiz, stay informed and remember to VOTE! :)

No comments: