I can't believe it! In just over a week, it'll be 4 years since the day we got hitched! Wow, time flies when you're having fun ;)
Who would have thought that a sorority girl from Oklahoma and a musician from Utah would be where we are today? A couple of hours hanging out, 7 months of calls/emails/texts, an awesome reunion right before Christmas and a leap of faith move to be closer together .... all brought us here: 4 years and counting.
4 is a big number for me. It is the number of times we saw each other in person before I moved. It is the number of wedding dresses I tried on. It is J's lucky number. And it is obviously the number of our month and day of our wedding (4.4.08).
I went back and read a post that had been on my myspace back in 2006 that I transferred to this blog in 2007.... It was a post about a talk I had with my boss at the time about whether I had the courage to take that leap of faith to go visit J in that far away place called Utah...
Opportunities are gifts from God and it's your choice whether or not you act on them. And if it ends in failure, at least you know you gave it your best shot and you won't spend your entire life wondering "what if?" I'd rather have a lifetime of failures then a lifetime of things i wish i had done. Failures build character and make success that much sweeter.
Looking back on the way we came together makes me laugh. My friends thought I was crazy. My family was terrified. J and I were a mix of elated and nervous. But it all worked out. :)
Here is a quick video from the end of our reception. Everything was winding down and there was one song to go for the night... J and I decided to hang on the dance floor and enjoy the last few minutes of our whole shebang. Unfortunately, the videographer has just barely peaced out... so this was taken by J's brother on his camera. The floor was slick so if you watch close, you'll notice that I don't really move my feet but just shuffle around... Everyday I'm Shufflin'
It's pretty goofy but I like that it's pretty representative of us as a couple .... and our randomness. J HATES to dance so this is also a rare moment :) What happens from 1:00-1:30 is my favorite part *sigh*
I think this year, I want to go back and watch our whole wedding video. We have the whole thing on DVD but it freezes for some reason so we have never watched the whole thing. Maybe this year we will :)
3 comments:
awe happy almost 4 years! i am loading the vid now :)
Oh so dang cute!! Congrats on the special luck anniversary.
Ha! You guys are so stinkin' cute, it's ridiculous! That video has got to be the cutest thing ever! However, Mrs. Pack, I want you to know that I'm on to you. I'm now 100% certain that the two of you rehearse choreographed numbers to bust out periodically, and pretend to be humble when your friends are all shocked and awed ;)
And I won't lie...but this post might've made me tear up a little. <3
Post a Comment