With that being said, my lovely husband found a piano on the internet that he has been salivating over since I first visited him in 2006. The piano was a complete steal and the best deal he's ever seen. Halloween night he shows me the piano on our local classifieds site called KSL. I was surprised how good of a deal it was and sneakily put the seller's info into my phone. Throughout Halloween night, I took Cleo out to do "her business" several times so I could speak with the seller. And wouldn't ya know, it was STILL available. Not to mention the guy selling it actually knows and LOVES J! The next afternoon I faked some important errands and paid for the piano. I coordinated some covert, spy-like action with our friends Ryan and Jessie to bring the van up on Thursday to haul it away for me.
After much debate with Jessie on the phone and serious stressing over whether or not I would be able to find somewhere to store the monstrous thing for 3 months, I decided to give it to him Thursday when we picked it up. I bought a card that basically said HAPPY BIRTHDAY 3 MONTHS EARLY and had my timeline in stone.
Fast forward to last night.... the band my husband has been recording paid him up so they were even. He comes home from the studio and with a twinkle in his eye says "Guess what?! Now I can buy that piano off KSL." Me, being in complete and utter shock, awkwardly tried to convince him not to do it that night. Finally, I just grabbed the card and said "Happy Birthday! You already own it." He was FLOORED! He was so excited he danced around the house with a grin on his face for the next 2 hours and then proceeded to watch videos of people playing the same type of piano all morning.
It's a beaut and I am so thrilled to see how excited he is! The piano was purchased from The Music Garage here in Salt Lake. It is a really neat venue that has a ton of functions and is really inspiring to see. I recommend if you have kids or are in a band here in SLC, that you check into their website. They offer a little bit of everything. I loved that the cost of the piano went to such a great cause at the same time.
So here's to my awesome husband! Happy Early Birthday J! :)


1 comment:
HA! He was SO excited! You did so good :)
Post a Comment