At my friend's wedding recently they did a really cute thing for their RSVP cards. With the RSVP, they had people fill out a fun little card that had numerous blanks and advice for the couple. I thought it was a really fun idea and thought I would share what I decided to write.
My advice was to never forget the feeling you had when you met that person or realized they were the "one." Now, I've only been married a few years so I know I am a bit of a newb
but this is what holds true to me and where I stand today.
I'm an extreme romantic so most people will probably think this advice is silly but for me it holds true. When you're married, you tend to fall into a routine and things can become complacent. When all the excitement from the "newness" of the relationship wore off, I started constantly reminding myself of the butterflies I had the first night I met J.
I remind myself of the nervousness that involved me flying to see him the first time.
And I remind myself of the complete joy I felt from being around him finally rather than over the phone.
In a weird way, doing this regularly has helped me find those little moments in everyday actions that I would otherwise pass by without acknowledging. It is a constant reminder of why I fell in love with him in the first place and why I fall more in love with him every year that passes.
So silly as it may be, it is the only newlywed advice I had to offer. Well that, and talk about everything and anything :)




1 comment:
I am all teary Meggi. I love that I was there for most of those moments in those pictures--hell, I think I TOOK most of those pictures.
So glad you found your love and that you continue to cherish it. As you know, Joel is one of my favorite people.
Post a Comment