This past week was our good friend's wedding. Dave was in J's band back in the day and was even a groomsman in our wedding.... not to mention our roommate for a year.
Dave is a rocker. There is no other way to sum him up. He has ALWAYS had an intense passion for music and has played in bands his entire life. He is also part owner of a guitar store and met his wife at a show he played. To say music is the most influential part of Dave's life would be an understatement. They sent out the cutest invitations!
Dave is in his late 30s and to be honest, none of us ever thought he'd get hitched. He is very free spirited and well, Lisa completely swept him off his feet. In all the years of friendship and living together, I never saw Dave as happy as he has been since he met her. He has become a wonderful father to her 2 children and has become the man that Lisa deserves.
J officiated the ceremony which I thought was really special.
It was the third wedding he has officiated and I love how he incorporates so much of his friend's lives into their ceremonies. He brought their kids up and said a little spiel regarding their "family" which brought tears to the eyes in the room.
It was the ultimate music themed wedding! The entire wedding party wore chucks.
The groomsmen walked out to "Back in Black" by AC/DC and an acoustic guitar served as their guestbook. Even the centerpieces were records with carnations.
They had a beautiful cake and even a fun photobooth.
It was such an honor to even by invited to their big day! I danced with Dave a little during their "money dance" and he said something that floored me. He said that him and Lisa always strive to be the "J &Meg" in their relationship. I was floored and humbled all at the same time.
Congrats to Dave and Lisa! Love you both!











2 comments:
Oh what an awesome wedding! I love to see Dave so happy. I really like Lisa a lot, she's sweet.
I agree with what Dave said to you. You and J have the type of relationship that has all of the right pieces. Nothing missing.
omg, I love this. I love the idea of an acoustic guitar as a guestbook. I'll have to remember that if for any reason I marry current boo :) hahaaa
Post a Comment