You can't grow up in the 80's, without watching Save By the Bell and thinking... man, what will it be like in high school?! Then the college years, and thinking - Man, will I have that huge freakin' dorm room like Slater has? But thirties?! What happens at thirty? Plenty of J's and I's friends are in their early 30's but I feel like that is supposed to be some sort of next chapter or something weird.
All I can think about is When Harry Met Sally and St. Elmo's Fire. But those movies are about people who were lost and were just trying to find themselves while making things work in this new grown up world. Gosh, sounds pretty much like my life in my twenties. ;)
With that being said, I decided to make a fun little list. I don't have a bucket list per say because I just feel weird making one... but I did want to make a list of things I want to do or accomplish before I'm 30. The last hurrah of my twenties I suppose......
So here it goes:
- Attend OU/TX - we've been offered free tickets several times but haven't made the game due to flight costs.... Bound and determined to make it in 2012. J's never been and I feel like he needs to witness it as part of my heritage ;)
- Get over my fear of boats and actually wakeboard for longer than 30-seconds.
- Go skiing with my husband (or at least attempt it!). I've lived in Utah for 3 years but haven't skied since I was 19. That's almost ten years people! Ridiculous! And also spend some bar/hotel time in Park City for fun :)
- Go to DisneyWorld or DisneyLand. We missed the family trip this year.... but I am determined to go before we have kids!
- Learn how to cook Vegan cuisine for regular meals (I've already started to get a grasp on this but I still have SO much to learn)
- Find a non-denominational church we enjoy going to on a regular basis (so hard to do in a mormon community)
- Take up a certain dance class I've been eying *cough charissa cough* ;) we will succeed! AND ...Take up a certain fitness class I've been trying to avoid for about a year.... *cough again charissa cough*
- start the baby-makin' train, whatever that might entail
- Finish our house projects... that's right. Living room furniture purchased/kitchen remodeled/bedroom remodeled. Big undertaking but oh so exciting!
- Be promoted at work .... believe it!
Happy 4th of July everyone! Be safe and have some fun :)

2 comments:
Hahahahahaha! We will do both SOON, I promise.
As for the Three Oh it sneaks up on ya way fast. I feel like at about 27 I finally really figured out 'me' and then since then it's been making the most of it. And these days 30 is still pretty young. I think your list of goals is awesome!
You got this boo :)
Call me if you OU/TX ... I got a newbie boy to take that's never been!
Post a Comment