Monday, April 12, 2010

Two Years since Tying the Knot

Last weekend we celebrated our 2nd Anniversary! Two Years! Crazy! It flew by! Joel and I have an anniversary tradition where we write down our favorite moments from the year and the memories we have. It's really fun since we both tend to have different moments that stick out to us. It's also entertaining to remember everything we have done over the past year and the places we've been.

I took off work on Friday the 1st and drove to Vegas Thursday with Joel and the rest of the band. When we got into town, we went to our normal place - The Double Down Saloon!




It is a Vegas tradition to always stop there first and get shots of Ass Juice. Ass Juice?! Yes, I know. It is actually quite tasty. Rumor has it that every night at close the bar takes whatever is left over from each of their liquor bottles and dumps it into a huge bin. I personally think that is a load of crock. It tastes like kool-aid with 151 or vodka or both.




We spent Thursday night celebrating Jess' (our friend and old roommate) birthday at one of her favorite Mexican places. The boys had to be in CA early Friday so they dropped me off at my favorite Vegas mall (Town Square) to wait for Jess to pick me up after work. I bought this adorable little top at Guess! It's very old-school pin-up girl so it might be my new favorite shirt!




When Jess and I got to Fullerton, we topped in downtown Fullerton to kill sometime before the boys show. There were SO many fun vintage shops! I could have shopped there ALL day! Lots of stores selling old vintage furniture, clothing and accessories! There was this one store that had all sorts of pin up girl dresses by Stop Staring! You can check them out here.

I was in love with a couple of them but they were too expensive :( Maybe one day!






Friday night we went to Deanna's Dirty Thirty where Broke City was playing!





I was going on only a few hours of sleep but even a couple 5-hour Energy drinks couldn't liven me up. It was a good night and it sucked that I was still exhausted. Deanna had the radio guys from 98.7 there and a photographer!




She definitely knows how to throw a birthday party! She had the cutest cupcakes too! It's too bad I don't like cupcakes because I bet these were tasty!






Deanna and Mark have the sweetest family and always let us crash at Deanna's dads BEAUTIFUL house in Yorba Linda!

Saturday we got up and went to C&O's in Marina Del Rey. It the restaurant Joel and I went to right before he proposed in 2007.




It has the BEST food! We met up with Matt who is one of the guys' friends and recorded their last album.




Ryan's brother's family also joined us! It was great seeing the Sanders clan! They just recently moved to CA from UT. This is little Wil... he is a hoot!




I wasn't able to get very many pics of Elle but she is also adorable.





When we first moved back to UT from Vegas, the Sanders let us live in their basement apartment for free until we saved enough money to buy a house. We are SOOO grateful for them! I don't know what we would do without them in our lives! They are always so kind to Joel and I :) When we lived with them, Elle would always run around in a Spiderman costume and try to be sleuth-like. Adorable!

After lunch, we walked to the pier where Joel proposed to me and took some photos! It was awesome to be back in the same spot. Who would have thought we would have come so far after meeting at a concert in 2006 for three hours. Crazy how life turns out!


2007


2010



After the pier, we drove to the Dodgers stadium to catch the Dodgers/Angels game. The radio guys from the night before were nice enough to give us six free tickets to the game. Unfortunately, by the time we got there it was already the last inning. Oh well.




That night we drove to Huntington Beach where Broke City played a show at Perqs. It was a fun night!




Orange Blossom Special opened for the guys and it was fun to see them after hearing so much about them. Sunday we drove back to Utah... stopping at Panera in Vegas on the way. I go through Panera withdrawl like no other :)

Overall it was a very eventful and fun weekend! I drank six 5-hour Energy drinks over the course of the weekend but was still exhausted the whole time somehow. Can't wait to see how we celebrate next year!

No comments: