These days, Joel and I are movie fanatics! We tend to watch anywhere from four to eight movies a week. Rather than brave the crowds and attend the movies in theaters, we like to sit at home with a cocktail and enjoy whatever movie we're in the mood for.
Well, we had been regulars at Hollywood Video since moving into our new home. Around September, we noticed they stopped receiving new releases. They also removed all "New Release" signage from the store. We inquired as to whether they were shutting down and they assured us they were not but were "waiting on their lease to be renewed."
By October, I was really wanting to rent Casper (the old Christina Ricci/Devon Sawa version... Yes, I used to have a huge crush on Devon when this movie was released). The sales associate, a twenty-something stereotypical video store worker, let me know he had set it aside for him to watch over the weekend. Over the past few months, I have tried several times to rent the Casper movie, and it is always conveniently rented.
Long story short, their movies started going on sale last month! Any movie in the entire store can be purchased for $3. I tried to find such classics as The Godfather trilogy, The Disney Princess Movies, and Braveheart. But no such luck.
This week, I found Meet Joe Black (One of my TOP TEN MOVIES OF ALL TIME!) and went to checkout. I asked the same sales associate whether Braveheart was rented or sold. He told me he had it behind the desk and proceeded to open one of the desk drawers. In the drawer there were AT LEAST 30 to 35 movies! He went on to explain that all of these movies have been reserved for him to buy and that he is just buying a couple movies after each paycheck.
And... what movie was in that drawer?
CASPER!
That's right, FREAKIN Casper! He had it hidden in his lame nerdy little drawer for the past FOUR months! That's right, FOUR months. Truly irritated, I simply said, "Well isn't that nice for you!" and left.
Stupid Hollywood Video Hoarder! Thanks for wasting my time!
1 comment:
This made me laugh so hard. I can only imagine the look on your face when he opened that drawer!
I bet you could find casper at wal-mart in the $5 bin!
Devon was sooooo dreamy back then!
Post a Comment