One of my closest friends fell in love with a handsome Brit .... Which meant, off she went! Now that she lives "across the pond" we keep in touch via Skype.
During one of our catch-up sessions, we got talking about the cultural differences between England and the US. Apparently, the US tends to be shower happy. As in, shower obsessed. In England they don't do the typical American idea of showers to celebrate the birth of a new child. Things are either loaned or the responsibility of the parents to purchase. I couldn't imagine having to purchase EVERYTHING myself. Babies are expensive.... And so is all the items you need for the baby. Clothes, furniture, etc. etc. etc.
I immediately got the idea that I wanted to throw her a shower. But with her in England, me in Utah and the rest of our friends in Oklahoma and the Carolina's, I knew I had some research to do. Long story short... I decided to throw her a Skype shower.
In order to get everyone all the Skype info, I made the invitation like a newspaper page (thank you Pinterest)... Thanks to my handsome husband for photoshopping it all together....
Everyone mailed their gifts to Jen and she opened them over Skype we also did a quiz about her and her husband's childhood for the shower game.
We ended up with a 4 video Skype shower. All the Oklahoma girls skyped from one location. Then I had one from Utah, Jenny in England and Em is South Carolina.
It was so fun to get everyone together and laugh and chat and be the same silly girls we've always been.
Jen's little boy made an early entrance and was born exactly a week after the shower. Even though it wasn't a huge shower, I had so much fun being able to honor her and her husband with the long-
distance shower :)
Congrats to Jen and M!! Love you both :)



1 comment:
That is such a fun sweet idea to host this shower!
Post a Comment