Wednesday, May 23, 2012

St. George Recap!

This past weekend we had the honor of being invited down to St. George for a 3 day adventure with some of our favorite people.  Some friends of ours rented a house down there with 5 bedrooms... AND a pool! How could we resist such an excellent offer?!

After a quick and early work session, J and I loaded the car to head down to the House O' Fun!    J and I, being the prepared folks we are, did all the shopping the day before.  Which means we had a HUGE box of food and a large ice chest crammed into J's car.  Add our bags, our pup, and some musical gear... we were PACKED.  It's honestly a miracle we made it down there with everything. 

We picked up Syd and Nixon on the way and then hauled booty to hot St. George.  (For my Oklahoma friends, St. George is southern Utah and just a few hours from Vegas.  Imagine it as the "Family-Oriented Retirement-Home Side of Vegas")



We ended up with 9 adults, 2 kids and our pup in this house.  And man oh man, it was perfect!  Each "fam" took one meal to purchase and be in charge of.  The Pricketts took Friday dinner and made an incredible salmon dish paired with potatoes and asparagus.  I might had stood at the counter and tried to polish off the remaining potatoes... maybe.   

We spent a few hours in the pool having handstand contests and just enjoying the heat.  And my little pup was introduced to swimming for the FIRST TIME!  We were a little nervous because she has never been in more water than our kitchen sink.... but She did excellent :)




Saturday, Syd and Rob took care of breakfast... complete with eggs, bacon, and pancakes.  Blueberry Pancakes! My fave :)  Saturday lunch was our meal... so the girls went shopping while the boys watched soccer and we started on our meal: Cheeseburgers, Salmon burgers and chips/dips.  

As soon as the girls returned, we all went running for the pool!  We played on rafts and swam around like crazy fools!  It was such a good time!  I haven't been swimming in a pool in about 2 years.  And that was just a quick dip with my niece... the last time I splashed around like mermaid was a good 4 years ago!  Yes, I still prefer to do some mermaid swimming. 




Saturday Night, the Sanders were in charge of dinner.  They had the genius idea of "Make your own Shish-Kabobs"  .... YUM! ...  They had so many options: potatoes, squash, mushrooms, broccoli, chicken, steak, etc.  I may have eaten 4 veggie ones.  Yes, FOUR!



A few hours into the night, we suddenly realized that one of the upstairs rooms was locked.  From the inside.  With no key to open it.  So, the boys quickly developed a plan that included some outdoor stunting ....

it was hilarious!  But they got the room unlocked :)

Sunday, we all headed home and J continued to LA for some music stuff.  It was such an incredible mini-vacation.  I can't tell you how much fun it was to have a private pool with some of your best friends!  J commented that it was definitely one of his favorite weekends and I would have to agree!  If you get the chance to rent one, I highly recommend it :)


4 comments:

chariskalee said...

Oh that may be a fun summer vacation idea. We've done similar in Moab and had a blast. Sounds like a great weekend!

ty said...

Hahahahaha I love that last picture of Joel and Sweetpea.

Jessie said...

SO MUCH FUN! I'm glad you guys were able to come! :)

Denise said...

Looks ilke alot of fun. I hear you may be here when baby Hamilton is born. This is so exciting!!!