Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Lagoon!

This past Sunday, J and I finally decided to get a Lagoon Season Pass.  What is Lagoon?  Well, it's an amusement park about 20 minutes from our house.  If you are from my hometown, then I will say it's like Frontier City + White Water.

Since my mom lives in another state and his family doesn't get together for Mother's Day, we had the first free day we've had in a while.   We started off by dropping in to see his parents before they went to church.  We brought his mom some flowers and a little figurine we picked up for them in Honduras.  His parents were in Europe while we were on our cruise so we went through their new photo albums and his mom gave us a play-by-play of their adventures.  Man, it made me want to go to Europe so bad!  That is for another post :)

We then continued our Sunday adventure by meeting some friends at Lagoon.  Now one cool thing about Lagoon is that they allow beer!  So we picked up an 18 pack, some OJ and decided we were going to indulge on some Lagoon Lunchboxes!

We were the first to arrive which meant we sat in the pavilion, drinking for almost 2 hours...  Sun + Beer = very tipsy Meg.  It was fun though and gave J and I a chance to just chat and enjoy the weather.  Once our friends arrived we took off to enjoy some rides.  We started with Rattlesnake Rapids and then moseyed on over to one of the coasters.  Now something you may not know about me is that I love roller coasters!  Like ADORE them! 

When I was just a youngster, my mom and dad would stuff my shoes so that I would be tall enough to ride.  I always insisted that I had to ride with my dad.  My theory was that if the harness malfunctioned for any reason ... my strong, macho daddy would be able to hold me in.  Thus, I fell in love with every coaster known to man.  (Except the Mr. Freeze in Texas... evil coaster, that one.)   And I have enjoyed them ever since!

However, due to my recent neck issues, I decided that one coaster ride was enough for me for the day.  No use making my neck worse right before summer.   So we filled the rest of the afternoon with more lunchboxes and I watched them do various other rides.  Then we finished it off with some fresh roasted corn which was beyond delightful! 




I can't wait to go back when the rest of our friends are able to join.  I love knowing that we have a free pass to just use whenever we get a hankering for some rides.  Makes me even more excited for summer!  :)  And, if you live near SLC... please come meet these fun fellows at Lagoon on Sundays!



3 comments:

Jessie said...

I had no idea you loved roller coasters! That makes me so excited :) Ryan saw that you guys got season passes, and he immediately talked about the three of us getting them too! So more than likely, you will see the Sanders at Lagoon for some ride-fun!

Haha I love Jeremy's perm :)

chariskalee said...

What an uber fun day/post! Cute story about you and your daddy. Love it.

Janetha @ meals & moves said...

lagoon. it's what fun is.