Thursday, February 9, 2012

Twice the fun, Twice the joy... it's a Girl AND Boy!

This past Saturday I had the honor of co-hosting a baby shower for a wonderful friend (Whitney) who is having twins.  Our husbands have been friends for years and he was even the best man at our wedding.   They have two little boys but when she found out she's having twins, I jumped at the chance to throw her a shower. Showers are a HUGE deal in Oklahoma so I am used to seeing people go all out for them.  Lesley and I (co-hostess) had never thrown one before so we were meticulous about making it perfect :)



We chose our theme: The Very Hungry Caterpillar!  And sent out our invites....

For decor, we decided to stick with green and yellow to tie into the book.  We had a drink stand of Ice Tea and Water.

As well as, lots of healthy eats like hummus and fruits ... and some not so healthy eats like a red velvet cake and donut holes :)


I used the actual children's book as the "guest book" so everyone signed a page and made little additions to the story which was fantastic! 

And of course, I made a diaper cake :) ... took 93 premie diapers... crazyness.


Now, EVERYONE knows that Baby Shower games are generally terrible! (There's a celebrity matching game that is really fun but I was afraid with the large mix of ages, the game would not be fun for everyone)... And I am sorry, but I will NEVER make my friends look at melted chocolate in a diaper ... gross! worst game ever!  ... Which is why we decided NO GAME.    We bought several onesies and set up a onesie decorating station instead!

It was fun and really well received.  People enjoyed drawing and gluing cute fabric pieces to the onesies ... and it was great for Whitney because she will need LOTS of them :) And I guess people had a good time because the last person didn't leave until 5pm.  (That's 7 hours people!  7 hours!)

The shower went off without a hitch which made Lesley and I very proud of all the hard work, time and money we had put into it!  17 of the 22 ladies invited attended which was awesome for Whitney! She got so many cute and thoughtful gifts!


  We gave away little tins filled with runts as parting gifts to keep with the book's theme.  People thought they were hilarious  :)

We had several people tell us that it was the most beautiful shower they had ever attended and they were shocked at how nicely coordinated everything was.  :)  Of course that made Lesley and I beam with joy that we gave Whitney the shower she deserved.   .... and Whitney was beyond thrilled! 

Congratulations to Ty and Whitney!  Can't wait to meet sweet Roman and Reid!

4 comments:

chariskalee said...

I'd like to be given a baby shower now please ;) Oh my gosh, you did such an awesome job! Sooo cute!

Megistentialism said...

haha! you are too sweet :)

Lisa said...

You did a GREAT job!

Jessie said...

OH MY GOODNESS! Here I thought I was clever making friends and loved ones match baby pictures instead of deciphering what flavor of "poop" was in a diaper! I was SADLY mistaken! I have never thought of a onesie decorating station, and let me tell you, it is BRILLIANT! Everything turned out so good! I know you were nervous about it and wanted everything to be just perfect...and IT WAS! I wasn't even there and I am amazed at all the work that was out into it. You guys did a perfect job! Whitney is a lucky girl to have such good (and talented/clever) friends!


...and I love all the pictures to document it all! Pictures are always a great idea, especially for blog-stalkers like myself! :)