And... I can't not say how truly excited and thrilled I am that OBL has been brought down! It is such a day of jubilation and joy... not for his death as a man, but for his death as a symbol of hate and fear.
I felt honor that a man so hated was still given a proper burial. I think it showed tremendous respect to honor a man's depth of religion even if he would not grant us the same courtesy. Obama's address to the nation continued to show the utmost class and I appreciated his mention that the war has never been against Islam.
I wonder if the announcement will burn in my memory alongside 9:02am on April 19, 1995 or September 11, 2001. I hope that one day I will recall the tragic tale of these events to our kids and I will speak of his death as a moment of hope for the American people... that we are resilient and strong as a Nation. As a People. As Friends. As Family. As Human Beings.
I hope nothing more than that we continue to learn from all the misfortunes of the past so we continue to make better choices in the future.
Well done Mr. President! I've been behind you from the start and am still proud to call you our President!
1 comment:
I was touched by that as well...I also posted this as my Facebook status today, which is exactly my thoughts on the situation...
"Rather than cheerful elation, I think it would be more appropriate to express sober relief over the death of Osama bin Laden. Justice has been done, but let's not get drunk on the spirit of retaliation. May we move closer to peace and harmony." - Dr. Jagers
Also, please youtube Barack's Speech at the Correspondence Dinner. HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment