Thursday, April 14, 2011

Winyl - or Why Wine and Vinyl should be Life Long BFF's

The night I got back from Denver (see previous post), J and I just relaxed and did our new favorite thing.  Listened to our record player.

Glass of wine in hand (sparkly champagne-ish wine if you must know). Avett Brothers through the speakers.  Husband by my side. Pup on my lap.  I couldn't help but just be grateful

Grateful to the extent that I got a little misty.  I'm a girl, what can I say.   But with that being said, I wanted to share my two favorite songs by The Avett Brothers.  They are priceless and need to be heard... yes, today.  No do not wait, I will be demanding about it if I must.  Do it.

The Perfect Space


The Ballad of Love and Hate


And I wanted to remind everyone that Saturday (April 16th) is RECORD STORE DAY!  That's right! How exciting!  I already have the afternoon planned out at a local record store downtown :)   SO thrilled! There's often surprise performances by major bands (as well as awesome local ones) and one-day limited edition vinyls sold... so check out this site to see what events are going on in your neck of the woods!

1 comment:

ty said...

I LOVE The Avett Brothers. And I was planning on trying to go to Norman this weekend ... didn't end up making it :( ... and now I'm even more mad because my cousin owns Guestroom Records on Main and I could have supported!