
They were taken by Heidi who co-owns Retrospect Studios, downtown Salt Lake. My mom had to fly in from Oklahoma and was only in Utah for a 48 hour period. Heidi was SO nice and accommodating to our time crunch. She made the shoot so much fun and had so many ideas.
Going into the session, the only idea I had was to take some photos at the top of the Avenues, overlooking downtown. That is an important spot for Joel and I. The second time I came to visit Joel in Utah, he took me up there right after sunset to tell me he loved me... but he chickened out. The "phrase" slipped out later that night while we were at his show at Huka. Hence, why we took our engagement photos there also :)
Unfortunately, it was raining and partially snowing at the exact time my session was supposed to start. Heidi suggested we go up to the Capital since we were already in the area.


We took several photos outside by the huge pillars and then moved inside. The majority of the interior is the same... grayish white marble. Heidi was so creative, when I see the photos, I almost forget they were all at the same location.

My favorite part of the shoot (and my favorite pictures) are the ones we did with the grand piano. Since Joel is a musician, it was fitting.

After wrapping up at the Capital, she drove us back to the top of the Avenues. She thought it would be a good idea to take one last shot at seeing if the weather would permit getting some good pics. The weather cleared just in time! It was beautifully overcast :) Anyways, I figure it's a VERY sappy, girly thing to blog about but .... It was a once in a lifetime experience... and i felt like a princess.
All Photos by Retrospect Studios - Please visit their website http://www.utah-wedding-photographer.com
THEY ARE WONDERFUL!!!
1 comment:
You are beautiful! I love the pic on the piano!!
Post a Comment